Hello Gleason,

>>> The Bat - poor support for identities

>> What do you need?

>> I  use a lot of email aliases, and with macros in the templates I use
>> each aliases without any problem. I set one folder to receive all the
>> messages sent or received with one alias. And when I create a new mail
>> from that folder the aliases are used.

>> At this moment I'm writing you from one alias with that setup.

>> %IF:"%-
>> %TOLIST%CCLIST%BCCLIST"="":'%TO="tbbeta@thebat.dutaint.com"'
>> %QT="tb_netvicious.com"

> Yes, that allows you to tie a specific set of macros to a specific email
> address.  Better
> would be to be able to specify a set of identities with different email
> addresses, etc.
> Then when I prepare a new email/reply, I should be able to simply choose the
> identity I
> want from a drop down list.

As I am sure you know, in each folder Properties you can define an Identity
for that folder.
Before retirement, when still actively working, I did need to use different
Identities. So,
what I did was to create a folder called Identities, with a subfolder for each
Identity. It
was a good substitute for the drop down list you would like. And no need for
macros.

Miguel A. Urech (Els Poblets (Alicante - Spain)
Using The Bat! Version 8.8.9 (64-bit) on Windows 10.0
'Using TBBETA' information: