Title: Re: ...working on version 9 — will essential changes be implemented? (was: The Bat! v8.8.9 MSI (3rd attempt))
Hello Maxim,

Monday, July 15, 2019, 9:04:21 AM, you wrote:

Maxim> We are still committed to compatibility with Windows XP

How many customers still use XP? I bet it's in the single digit percent and you're better off leaving them behind. No one who has any inkling of security will still be using XP on an internet connected computer. Decisions like that are probably what will end up killing the product.

Personally I like the Bat, but I just wish you'd fix the bugs and not worry about new features. I'd guess that involves a lot of rewriting sections from scratch given the number of times seeming unrelated bugs pop up after what should have been simple fixes.

I refuse to use online mail and I use the Bat and have just had to accept that you'll never fix the bugs and I just have to put up with the annoyances, but it's not a way to make sure your customer base expands. When people ask me about email programs , I tell them about the Bat, but I always have to include cautions about the weirdness of how it works and the bugs that never get fixed. Give what it is capable of, it should be considered the best and most flexible, but the apparent inability of the programming staff to finish it, keeps it far from being the best choice for quite large percentages of the population.

-- Ira
'Using TBBETA' information: