Lüko,

> Hello everybody,

> on Freitag, 19. Juli 2019 at 15:05  Gleason <sombr...@mm.st> wrote
> re ...working on version 9 — will essential changes be implemented?
> (was: The Bat! v8.8.9 MSI (3rd attempt))

>>>   Showing a bar to to mark a blockquote is the task of the
>>> renderer. This is regulated in the CSS STYLE which does either
>>> accompany the mail, or which is used by the receiving client by its default
>>> STYLE.

>> That's interesting.  But my comment stands from my testing of different
>> clients.   If  I send a quoted email from Thunderbird, no other client
>> shows the quote bar.  Only other Thunderbird installations do that.

>   This makes me think that you don't know anything about HTML and CSS.

Yes, I do know what css is and how it shapes display.  What I am
saying is that, in use, my above statement is true and that is what
matters.  Other clients do not display Thunderbird quote bars.  That
makes Thunderbird unusable for me.  The Bat with a similar system
would also be unusable.

>   But you insist on making strong statements trying to dictate the
> world how use this markup language and presentation system.
>
>   And you want that the eMail client hides to the recipient, what
> is a quote from an earlier message, and provide the link to it, and
> what is newly created by the author for that particular message.
> HTML tags are not made to create an appearance, but they convey a
> meaning. Only by tagging a piece of text as QUOTE

Not if that tag makes no difference in how the quoted text is
displayed.

> can the recipient
> know what is a quote and what not, and use the information in the
> CITE parameter to the BLOCKQUOTE tag to look up the source of the quote.
>
>   That you don't want to know what is going on, is your problem,
> but you should not insist, that nobody should be able to use TheBAt! as a
> sensible email client.
>
>   From everything which you have uttered in this thread, it comes
> out louder and clearer that you have no clue what HTML is and what eMail is
> to be.
>
>   But when you don't know anything about what you are talking about, then
> better stay silent.
>
>   And stop working against correcting TheBat!

Stop trying to make The Bat unusable.

--

Gleason

'Using TBBETA' information: