Hello Stefan,

Monday, June 19, 2023, 10:52:45 AM, you wrote:

>> BUT: this feature seems to me to have been meant to control the auto-preview
>> on *standard click* - the right click does something different and, in my
>> opinion, shouldn't trigger the auto-preview at all. Like this, I find it a
>> security risk with users launching files they intended to treat with caution.
> This was discussed here right after the feature was released. Viewing Office
> attachments is safe because the code for conversion them into HTML is built
> in, does not run any scripts  and protected against buffer underrun and other
> vulnerabilities. If a document cannot be displayed withing The Bat!, most
> probably it contains an exploit...
Thank you for your response.

Two things:
- Is the reaction on right click desired too? My gut tells me: standard click
yes, right click has already another function and shouldn't trigger the
standard click response too.
- In my case the document is a PDF, which is being viewed in an embedded
Acrobat Viewer if I'm not mistaken and thus the potential for an exploit being
launched thru it is not mitigated.

--
Cheers
 Viktor Kabelac                            mailto:tbbeta-l...@kabelac.cz