Hello George,

18. marec 2002, 18:10:40, you wrote:

GMM> But,  that's the point of what I wrote erlier. Downloading messages from
GMM> news  is  way  different than downloading from pop or imap. Threading is
GMM> somewhat  different.  Composing is the same but posting, well, it is way
GMM> different.  Not  to  mention  thing  like  canceling, getting newsgroups
GMM> lists, syncronize them et cetera et cetera...

The differences aren't so big:
- threading is done by references, with (optional) breaking on subject
  change (this would be nice, if it were implemented in The Bat, too)
- downloading messages: OK, this is different, as the protocol differs
- posting: instead of sending to user@server you post to newsgroup
  (again, with different protocol)
- canceling, newsgroup lists: well, that's part of the protocol...

--
Jernej Simoncic, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/

[The Bat! v1.54 Beta/49 on Windows 98 4.10.2222. A ]

Don't ask the barber whether you need a haircut.
       -- First Law of Expert Advice