Hello Costas,

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:58:51 +0300 GMT (22/06/02, 00:58 +0700 GMT),
Costas Papadopoulos wrote:

>> is this list up or what? ;-)

CP> It's  going  through  its  periodic "down" period, like the US Dollar,
CP> currently :)))

This list is (obviously) not down, and neither is the US dollar: the
USD is merely coming back to reasonable levels. ;-)

The euro was designed to be en par with the dollar (why do you think
it has such weird exchange rates with all its original currencies?),
but it was clear that it was going to drop in the beginning (good for
Europe's exports, too). I converted my funds to euros at the beginning
of this year, and (mark my words) within the next threee months or so,
the exchange rate euro : US dollar will be 1:1.

Actually, I converted from Pound Sterling to euro, GBP being my
previous (winning) bet. The Pound will continue to loose against the
euro, but not dangerously so. It is still far too high for UK exports.
Anyway, I think (hope) that one day, the U.K. will join Euroland. But
that is not predictable yet.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Andreas Moeller (Schalke 04): Ich hatte vom Feeling her ein gutes
Gefuehl.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.60q
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM