Hello Jan,

www.pop2web.com
www.mail2web.com

> Even if I do have a web interface for gmx, web.de and the likes I
> personally find it a waste of time having to open my web interface,
> log in, configure the spam (i.e. adding a new friend or so).

Personal preferences. I'd rather filter on the server than downloading
every known spam.

> Additionally I do have more then one account and I'd like to configure
> this once and only, not for every account again ;)

I have problems per account. One receives a lot of spam, the other
doesn't. One is a mailing list account (this one here), the other is
private. I handle them differently, and IMHO with good reason.

>> I just cancelled my first email address [...] because the provider
>> doesn't offer a server-side spam filter function [...]

> Well, since i received mostly any spam with this account I would have
> to cancel it.

You don't have to. It was my choice.

> What just comes into my mind ;) My provider recently informed me that
> I can have a spam filtering for my mailbox. It works the way that on
> the server spam is marked in the header by "X-Spam: Yes" or something
> like that. I could use this mark to force TB not to dl the email for
> example.

Yes, TB is excellent for that. GMX offers that choice too, but I still
want to have the option of downloading it anyway, and GMX offers that
too, as I described.

> The more I think of it, the more i come to the conclusion that this
> whole Spam Discussion and the question if a mail reader should check
> for spam or not should be answered by ISPs.

I disagree, and I think I have made my point by describing the way how
GMX handles this matter. It works for me, but YMMV.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"Love will find you, even if you are trying to hide from it. I've been
trying to hide from it since I was five, but the girls keep finding
me." (Bobby, 8)

Message reply created with The Bat! 2.0 Beta/1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 128MB RAM

 Current beta is 2.0b1 | "Using TBBETA" information: