Hello Martin!

On Sunday, August 17, 2003 at 1:07:15 PM you wrote:

> a) why a new beta just on Saturday?

Good question. I gather, bad marketing combined with a medical
doctor's attitude towards pregnancy.

Right, I take the last bit back, it's just that for a long time (and
perhaps still) hospitals tended to deliver babies before the weekend,
so they wouldn't have to go in on Sundays. But no responsible doctor
would give delivery inducing hormones to a pregnant woman just to have
a nice weekend on the yacht.

> b) why a new beta without an upgrade policy?

Again, good question. The answer is much more satisfying than the
first one: RITLabs is a very small company; it seems they didn't find
the time to write up the upgrade policy and publish it.

I remember too many threads in which users wanted a company to focus
on development (like bug fixing) and not marketing. Personally I find
RITLabs should think seriously about marketing and communication. But
then, most of my earnings are coming from marketing and communication

> Yes - but it seems that _you_ have a new key - so it's a little bit
> simple to tell others to wait...

As I said, I may not have one, I may have hacked the EXE.

Honestly, perhaps there is a small group of people RITLabs consider to
be, lets call it "the inner circle", and maybe I am part of it.

With this statement rumours will abound even more, so I give some of
them myself:

Alternative 1. I am Stefan in disguise.
Alternative 2. I am Thor having to wander the Earth.
Alternative 3. I am Elvis and RITLabs love my music.
Alternative 4. I did come up with this new marketing scheme.
Alternative 5. My key is a time bomb, which will render TB useless
               after 1100 hours.
Alternative 6. I am the group's clown and Stefan likes to laugh.
Alternative 7. I have no idea.
Alternative 8. I may just have changed the version information.

Back to the matter at hand. If there is such an inner circle, where is
the problem?

Don't get me wrong, I don't know the answers myself, and perhaps I
couldn't tell you *if* I knew. The only useful advice I have is, sort
out your alternatives to your liking and go with it. You can use v2b1,
v1.63, v2b2 with nag screen, whatever suits you.

--
Dierk Haasis

The Bat 2.0 Beta/2 on Windows XP 5.1 2600Service Pack 1

When life is reduced to its very essence, we find that we have many
genes in common with every species on Earth, and that we're not so
different from one another. (J. Craig Venter)

 Current beta is 2.0b2 | "Using TBBETA" information: