On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, Thomas Fernandez wrote...

> ...and it worked. The display name in my AB entry for TBBETA is
> "TBBETA" (no quotes) and not "Jonathan Angliss on TBBETA".

I'm guessing your template updates the From details as I don't have
TBBETA in mine... which means it seems to sometimes trigger on email
addresses. I realised mine isn't always triggering on email addresses
because of one of the people emailed the list, when I hit reply, it
had my account default template (something which never gets used btw,
because the rest of my contacts all have group/abook templates) so I
know it wasn't kicking in, or picking up some other rule. When I went
to add him to my addressbook, it 'said' (meaning all the fields were
pre-filled with data such as name, email, group etc) he was already in
the addressbook, but had their "display name", first name, and last
name set to something completely different to what was in their sent
email, yet the address matched. So to test, I hit reply, went into and
out of the body part a few times to see if the template would kick in,
no such luck. Then I change the To: address to be "[display name]"
where [display name] was what I have his set to. I used the quotes,
and nothing changed. Set the focus on the body again, and back to
headers a few times just to verify... still nothing. I then removed
the " ", clicked on the body, and the template jumped into action.

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

And Homer saith unto them, "D'OH!" -- Bart 17:3

 Current beta is 2.00.06 | "Using TBBETA" information: