Hello Stefan Tanurkov,

on Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:59:43 +0200 (2004-01-18 12:59:43 in .nl) in the
message with reference <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you
[ST] wrote (at least in part):

ST> Well, there is an old idea and think it's now time to ask whether it's
ST> good or not (it's a question to ALL, that's why I broke the thread:
ST> what do you think about creating a spool directory for each account
ST> where the incoming messages are stored before they get into the
ST> message base? Having such a directory, it would be possible to put
ST> files in RFC-(2)822 format in there, so TB! will automatically take
ST> them as received, process with filters, etc...

ST> Take this as casting a vote :-)

ST>>> I am a developer and it's quite obvious that "abnormal" termination
ST>>> of TB! happens dozens times a day here. Nevertheless, I have only 9
ST>>> bat*.tmp files in my TEMP and most of them have zero size.

PF>> See my BT note - I've had up to 65000 temp files there - which is so
PF>> many that WIndows started putting them in the %userroot% folder.

ST> Well, as I told you before - it's a signal that something is going
ST> wrong. You should check circumstances in which files are not being
ST> removed and the contents of those files. Then anybody may help you.
ST> Otherwise, nobody can help you, I'm afraid...

Background:
- About a week ago I installed Kaspersky (not yet paid, just the
downloaded version), not a plug-in or so, stand-alone version.
- By then some pre TB V2.03.47.
- Done that, numerous bat*.tmp started to show up in
"D:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temp", not being
deleted after closing / starting TB, all 130KB in size, according to W2K
explorer.
- This didn't happen before, not such an amount (hundreds) of bat*.tmp files.
- So, I guessed it was Kaspersky, not deleting them.
- Well, ok.... for now.

Tonight I installed TB V2.03b47.
- So what changed?
- Not Kaspersky, just TB.
- No more numerous bat*.tmp in
"D:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temp"
- But now they show up in the users' home directory, as configured in my
W2K.

My simple conclusion, so far:
- TB changed the location of the bat*.tmp files
- Not a real problem for me, but I would suggest using some temp-dir in
the TB account directory, please.
- Why all the bat*.tmp files?
- It doesn't seem to be a Kaspersky problem, there were no changes there.
- Seems to be a TB problem.

Questions:
- Any explanations / hints about this?
- Any way to prevent those bat*.tmp files?

--
Kind regards,
Peter Ouwehand

 Current beta is 2.03 Beta/47 | "Using TBBETA" information: