Hello ken,

kg> Can I use a filter with an IMAP account that forwards or redirects a
kg> message to another address?

Basically - yes, but you have to have the message you wish to
forward/reply/etc cached or stored by sync operation. This is the
major limitation of the old filtering system and this is what actually
prevents to process messages on IMAP automatically now. The new
filtering system is supposed to cover many outstanding issues with
filters...

kg> I have been doing this for awhile with 1.62 IMAP (but I know that's not
kg> *really* IMAP) and have not been able to get a filter that redirects to
kg> work in any of the v2 betas.

Because 1.xx IMAP implementation was working with local folders and
the v2 implementation works with remote folders - this is the
essential difference. It was not too difficult to implement browsing
of remote folders, but it just requires more work when it comes to
automated operations.

kg> It would be IMMENSELY helpful if there was a list of limitations when
kg> using IMAP within The Bat. And I don't mean limitations because of bugs,
kg> etc.

Well, I'll try to prepare the list, but it's quite a job because many
things may work normally under any circumstances, others depend on many
settings :-)

--
Read you later
 Stefan

...I think, therefore I am. I think.

 Current beta is 2.03 RC/1 | "Using TBBETA" information: