Hello,

looks like I figured out, when and why the tls-smtp issue occurs,
Oliver Wolfram (and some other users) mentioned [Bugtraq-ID: 0001786].

In the smtp-logfile you see lines like

[17:22:31] C: {2049 bytes sent}

They are sent every ~4kbyte and at the end of the message.

Everytime the last part exceeds 2048 bytes, I get the following error:

[17:22:31]  C: {2049 bytes sent}
[17:23:32]  S: !!! Socket error: #10060 (0x0000274C)

If the last part is smaller than this, everything works just fine:

[16:46:54]  C: {2048 bytes sent}
[16:46:55]  S: 250 ok 1076860015 qp 18003
[16:46:55]  C: RSET
[16:46:55]  S: 250 flushed
[16:46:55]  C: QUIT
[16:46:56]  S: 221 my.smtpserver.tld

Looks like the smtpserver expects more data, if the "xxxx bytes sent"
value is bigger than 2kbyte.

My suggestion is, to send the "xxxx bytes sent" messages every 2kb, not
every 4kb. Another solution may be, to split the last part of the
message, if its size is > 2048byte.
I don't know, if this may lead to problems with other smtp-servers.

to Ritlabs: If you need a test-account or want have a look at the
            complete logfile, just mail me off-list.
--
MfG - Uwe Röhl
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Current beta is 2.03 RC/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: