Hello Allie,

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:43:46 -0500 GMT (24/02/2004, 23:43 +0700 GMT),
Allie Martin wrote:

 >> Can nobody else confirm this? Send a message to yourself, put your own
 >> address into both the CC and the BCC. See how the messages is
 >> downloaded again and again at each mailcheck.

> What do you mean here? That there's always a copy on the server with
> each check?

I always leave copies on the server for 7 days. When I send messages
from my office (I am talking about my private account), I BCC to
myself, so I can download it at home. Some message where I reply to
all, already have my address in the CC field, so the reply template
adds an additional BCC.

So that message will be on the server twice, with the same mid. It
will be downloaded at home, but one of the two will be marked as
"Receive" in the message despatcher at next check. (I don't usually
use the despatcher, but verified this problem that way.) If I take the
mark off, it will be set again at next mail check. so the message (one
copy of two on the server) will be downloaded again at each mailcheck.

> I can't duplicate this problem and it likely is that you have a filter
> that's sending back a copy to the server and as a result a delivery loop
> is underway.

See above. At mailcheck, there is no filter sending it back. Have you
verified that the message is on your server twice to begin with?

TB checks the UID and not the mid to decide whether a message has been
downloaded already. The UID should be different for each of the two
copies on the server, so both copies should be downloaded once. I
don't know why the Receive flag is set again each time, but only for
one of the two existing copies of the message on the server.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes;
why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance ?

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM

 Current beta is (none) | 'Using TBBETA' information: