Hello Andreas,

Starting on Saturday, March 27, 2004 at 00:00 GMT +0100, Andreas
Schwartmann [AS] began reducing crayon use by typing:

JA>> Or "Message is unread but isn't time sensitive"
JA>> Or "Message is important/has useful information"

AS> But  in order to qualify the mail for either of these groups, you need
AS> to  read  it  before.  So  the  flagging is rather a manual thing, not
AS> something done by filtering, right?

Not necessarily.  I get some lists (subscribed advertising) that I
only occasionally care to look at.  So my filter marks it as read and
flagged when it gets moved to the appropriate folder.  Once I've read
it, then the flag comes off.

I don't do the following, but I've thought about flagging messages
from certain posters to mailing lists since I might want to read their
messages with some other priority than normal. I use a combination of
colour groups and folders to organize my mailing list mail. Flagging
(and parking) gives me an additional level of organization within that
general structure.

Parking has some meaning imposed (don't move/delete) which may or may
not be appropriate. But flagging, just like colour groups can be used
however you like. Just like colour groups, there isn't any predefined
use or benefit. The only advantage is that you can filter/view
messages more comfortably.  Oh, and I guess parking isn't ideal
because the parked status is usually* cleared when moving messages
across folders.

* There are exceptions, I just won't go into them here.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

 Current beta is 2.05 beta 12 | 'Using TBBETA' information: