Hello 9Val,

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 00:22:00 +0300 GMT (05/09/2004, 04:22 +0700 GMT),
9Val wrote:

9> I  talked  about  any  other  action  like  parking  message.  I don't
9> understand why do you think that after moving it has no sence in other
9> operation while message is still accessible?

PMFJI. In MAU's example:

M>>     Copy to A
M>>     Flag message
M>>     Copy to B

You agree that:

M>> only the message in B should appear as flagged, not in A. Will you agree
M>> to that?

9> Sure

It makes a lot of sense to people who "program" their filters as well
as to not-so-computer-savvy people who just use filters. The actions
are being worked on from top to bottom. So, if I do something to the
message before doing something else (i.e. flagging and then copying)
the message will be copied with that attribute. That's all normal. The
flag will not be applied to the copy in folder A, as the message was
only flagged after the copy command. The filtering system should not

Otherwise I would have no possibility to have the message flagged in
one folder and unflagged in another, which may be what I desire. Or
coloured or what.

Now talking about moving. Of course it should *not* be possible to
apply colour groups or flags after moving, it doesn't make sense. I
think it should be greyed out to prevent users from mistakenly setting
this action and wondering why it doesn't work. Both the the savvy and
the unsavvy user will understand that you need to flag etc before you
move, and that action are being interpreted top-to-bottom, very much
like the filters, and that is easy to understand.

Just my € 0.02 worth.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Man kann niemanden ueberholen, wenn man in seine Fussstapfen tritt.

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A