Hello 9Val,

> The answer to both questions is quite simple. Remember old filters. If
> you  had  a  filter  with  destination  folder  and with 'mark parked'
> checked  you  never  had  care  about  when TB! will actually park the
> message. It is more natural way - order shouldn't be critical if there
> is  no  copy  (or  other actions which need exact message state). User
> shouldn't think about the order and he wouldn't do it in simple filter
> with one move and some any-flag-modify actions

In OFS there was no way for the user to establish the order of execution
of the actions. Actually, for some 'complicated' mix of actions, there
always was the doubt of how TB would do it. Let's see if I can
illustrate a simple 'complicated' (oxymoron?) mix.

    IF condition is matched
       Export message to file test.txt
       Send a message using template that includes file test.txt
    end if

Yes, it worked. But what if what I really wanted to do was:

    IF condition is matched
       Send a message using template that includes file test.txt
       Export message to file test.txt
    end if

That is, if condition is matched I want to send a message with whatever
is in file test.txt and _after_ that, export the message I'm filtering to
the file. The only way this was possible in OFS was by concatenating two
filters. Yes, because the _order_ of the actions _is_ important.

Now, in NFS this should be easily possible with only one filter if the
order (top-down) of execution is accounted for. What I don't understand
from you (unless I have misunderstood you) and others that have
expressed their opinion, is why are you (they) "against" the top-down
execution order. It does _not_ introduce any limitation whatsoever. Much
the contrary, it _broadens_ the possibilities of what can be done with a
filter. And in regards to intuitiveness of what a filter will do (and
how will it do it), don't tell me that top-down sequence if difficult to
understand for anyone.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.0.0