Hi Alexander!

>>> I removed the old entry (saying version 3.0.0.5) after installing the RC6
>>> MSI. Will it be of any use to run this MSI now, as I don't have the old
>>> entry in Add/Remove Programs anymore?
>> Not really, but you can try if it doubles your entry again :-) (Well,
>> here it doesn't do that.)

Oh, I misunderstood you. You have deleted the 3.0.0.5 entry. Well then
it will double your ARP entry :-)

> I bet it would, but I understood that Maxim is targeting the v3.0.0 release
> installation (maybe I'm wrong), and 3.0.1 should not add another entry to
> ARP in that case.

Well, the 3.0.1 should remove the old entry and install a new one, so
that you can see which version you're using (without starting The Bat!
:-))

> (I have no idea).

Everything that MS wants to distinguish get a GUID (Global Unique
Identifier, like this one from 3.0.1
{01CF4830-AC0C-454B-9A4D-BA1CD6FDD3CB}) written on it.

--
I'm already gone,
Raymund

The Bat! 3.0.1 on Windows XP Service Pack 2

 Current beta is 3.0.1 RC/7 | 'Using TBBETA' information: