Hello Eddie!

On Sunday, October 17, 2004, 3:35 PM, you wrote, in part:

EC>>> Marry, would you have to proper URL where to register at BT?

MB>> Cannot help but smile at your typo. Looks like something out of a
MB>> dialogue from Shakespeare. <vbg>

EC> You make me curious Mary ...

1) In parts of the U.S. South, "marry," "Mary," and "merry" are
pronounced the same.

2) In Elizabethen English (Sixteenth Century English), the word "marry"
was often used as an exclamation, in the same way that we would say,
"Astonishing!" or "Wow!" or even sometimes, simply, "Well," to begin a
sentence.

That's in addition to its conventional meaning, the same as today, as
a synonym of "to wed."

Example, from Shakespeare's play, *Much Ado About Nothing*:

"Leonato: What would you with me, honest neighbour?
 Dogberry: Marry, sir, I would have some confidence with you
           that decerns you nearly."

End tutorial. My comment was just a lighthearted effort at humor. :)

Mary
The Bat 3.0.2.1 (Professional Edition) on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2

 Current beta is 3.0.2.1 Beta/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: