Hello Peter Fjelsten & everyone else

on 10-Nov-2004 at 22:38:58 (GMT +0100), you wrote:

>  I think the "repair" sucks big time. Has anyone else experienced
>  something similar? What can I do to the bin file to retrieve the
>  messages?

I don't know the format of the .bin file that you have now. If you peek
into it with a hex editor, can you see the mails? If so, maybe its just a
temporary name for a .tbb file and you can copy it back & rename it to
.tbb? (just a thought)

When I had that error message, TB just hung for an infinity time when I
tried to repair the folder and the progress bar was about halfway thru.

I was able to still access the messagebase. I exported all msgs into a unix
mailbox, deleted the entire folder, and imported them again. That worked
much better than repair. :)

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)
 using v3.0.2.6 on Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2

Truth is the object of philosophy, but not always of philosophers. --
John Churton Collins

 Current beta is 3.0.2.6 Rush | 'Using TBBETA' information: