Hello all,

I am aware, and I think most of you too, that Memo field for messages
are stored in TBI file and not as part of the message in TBB file. It is
not the best but it works and the only risk (that I know of) is if for
some reason you delete the TBI file for a folder, then all memos are
lost. Moving the message to another folder moves the Memo also, etc.

But here is something I found out today the "hard way". I use a number
of VFs to organise my pending issues (actions, replies, etc.) and to
make it a little easier for me to follow up I decided to include some
comments (like the action to carry) in the Memo field. Everything seemed
so great after about one hour of work!

But what I didn't know or expect was that the Memo field was being saved
in the TBI file of the _VF_ folder and _not_ in the TBI file of the
message's original folder. So, as soon a VF is refreshed manually or
automatically, all Memos are Lost!!! :-(

I must consider this a bug because any other action done to a message in
a VF is actually done in the original folder of the message (i.e.
flagging, colour groups, etc.).

If anyone can confirm I will open a BT report.

TIA.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.0.2.6 on Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4

Winamp Playing: Jonathan Butler - Back To Love (Smoothjazz.Com - The
worlds best Smooth Jazz - Live From Monterey Bay)

 Current beta is 3.0.2.7 Rush | 'Using TBBETA' information: