On Wednesday, 01 December 2004 at 16:06 (UK time), Jernej Simoncic said:

> It's probably time to upgrade your OS - Windows 95 is 9 years old, and most
> other software dropped support long ago (not just that, there's many
> software that only runs on Windows 2000 and newer). Given that Win95 kernel
> doesn't support modern APIs needed by programs I would not classify this as
> a bug.

According to http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifewin even Windows 98 is
now over two years past it's mainstream support period. I guess I
shouldn't expect too much new software to work with it properly although
I'm very grateful to any developer that continues to produce software and
test it on Windows 98.

Windows 95 isn't even mentioned on that page, as you said far too old now.
--
Paul White

Using The Bat! 3.0.2.10 (Home Edition) on Windows 98 (4.10.1998)