On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 15:46:12 +0100, Mark Partous <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have the same "problem" (it's not really a problem because I could easily
> change T&C's configuration, but haven't done so yet) with Time & Chaos.
>
> I'd look in the settings of a PIM (if you have one) or another Emailprogram,
> perhaps.

Thanks, Jerry and Mark. It is indeed my PIM that causes the problem.
T&C has an option to register the file associations at startup.
Clearing that option resolves the problem. (I have not found any place
in T&C where I can set the specific files to associate.) But looking
at how T&C just quietly takes over the VCF association without
prompting me - or delaying the start of the application until I have
responded to that prompt - I have to wonder why TB does not also give
the same sort of option. In other words, why shouldn't TB give me an
option that lets it reclaim file associations automatically and
without prompting at startup?

--
Avi Yashar
Windows XP Pro SP2 and The Bat! Pro 3.0.2.8