Hello Michael Schneider & everyone else,

on 19-Jan-2005 at 12:49 you (Michael Schneider) wrote:

>> Doesn't concern me at all. I'm a private home user. Why would I need
>> IMAP? And for the average Joe User, I bet that he'll be a POP3 user just
>> as well. And TB is a superb POP3 client.

> Oh. Ok. RITlabs announces IMAP and advertises it as a built-in feature
> since v2. It never worked as it should, but because /you/ don't need it,
> it just doesn't matter. Right?

Please don't drag this out of the context. I was talking about novice
users, which I understand are private home users (mostly), and those won't
use or need IMAP as often as pro/business users, if at all. Someone correct
me if this assumption is wrong.

> TheBat! focuses on (semi)professionall users with it features, look&feel,
> etc. - not on John Doe homeusers who want to send funpics all two to
> three days.

And I am glad about this, but do you expect Ritlabs to make a living out of
supporting that existing and rather small user base?

>> Oh come on PLEASE... you're sounding as if the program would crash every
>> other minute, and thats not true.

> Use IMAP and AVs as well as exceptions are your dialy business. But I
> know. You don't need it so it doesn't count :-)

You're taking this discussion onto a personal and ironic level, why? Is
there really the need for this?

The license fees, summed up for v1 + v2 + v3, are something like $70 maybe
(in the past 3 years for me, much longer for others), is this *really*
worth to make so much noise each and every time the "were is the next
update" topic comes up? Why don't you send your complaints directly to
Ritlabs if you're so unhappy?

> TB! already was a "superb pop3-Client" in v1 which you now get for free
> on many magazine-CDs. You need neither v2 nor v3 therefor. Reasons for v2
> (an v3 again - you remember?) were NFS and IMAP.

Well, for you maybe. For me, reason for v2 was the better built-in PGP v8
support with PGP/MIME, the plugin system, Virtual Folders... the reason for
v3 was the NFS with common filters.

And btw., the reason for each and every version and every paid update for
me was, in the end (after a bit of public ranting when the next unexpected
paid update arrived, I admit I am human), the belief that supporting a
small independent company with a good product that costs an IMHO absolutely
neglectable license fee is a good idea in those rotten times we live in.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)

All the strength and force of man comes from his faith in things
unseen. -- J. F. Clark