On Sunday, February 13, 2005 at 6:40:06 AM [GMT -0500], Dierk Haasis
wrote:

> Aaaaaaargh!

> Why the heck does this idiotic discussion come up every few weeks?

... and I'm sitting here thinking, why these all too predictable and
IMO, idiotic type responses appear to legitimate queries when so much
time has passed since the last beta release.

You mentioned QImage lists forbidding the discussion of certain
topics? You didn't really explicitly state that they forbade the
discussion of release dates but I assume this is so.

I have my example list to the contrary, namely MDaemon beta. Beta
release date queries are quite frequent. They're never shouted down
and are almost always replied to by one of the *busy* Mdaemon
development team members .... and yes.. the queries may not be single
and invariably appear again when an *unusually* long time has passed
since the last query with no beta forthcoming. No fussing there at
all.

I am really perplexed by this repeated string of miserable responses
to queries. Especially when it's not from the developers, the ones
expected to respon; the ones who as far as I know, have never
requested not to be asked such questions. Repeated queries about
technical aspects appear and are answered. No one gets miserable about
the repetitions and yet for some reason, beta release date queries are
not to be repeated?

Guys ... I'm sorry, but as a veteran member, I can't sing along with
that chorus and feel sympathy for Avi who has experienced and
injustice here.

--
   ..        .  .   |  IMAP Client: The Bat!™ v3.0.2.5
 _.||* _     |\/|   |    IMAP Server: MDaemon Pro

..... Procrastination means never having to say you're sorry.