Hi Alexander S. Kunz,
 On 15/02/2005 11:39 AM, you wrote:

> What difference would it make? SMTP talks to another SMTP on port 25, just
> like TB talks to an SMTP on port 25.

It wouldn't make any difference.

Stuart is likely within an intranet that allows outbound connections
only via the web on the standard http and https ports. Mail is handled
by the intranet mail server. Save for a couple odd ports for chat, all
other ports are likely blocked, ruling out using a local SMTP server or
any other remote SMTP service.

The only thing I would suggest if Stuart is really motivated, is to use
HTTP tunnel. It allows communication via HTTP with other servers and
port numbers. It's what I used to connect to my IMAP server at home,
until the University sysadmins decided to allow port 142 for IMAP. I'm
not sure why they haven't allowed the port for IMAPS.

You can read about and download HTTP Tunnel here:

http://www.http-tunnel.com/html/

--

Keyboard? How quaint! - Scotty