Hello Leif,

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:52:18 -0700 GMT (27/02/2005, 23:52 +0700 GMT),
Leif Gregory wrote:

LG> You've never heard of governors? They're on nearly every US military
LG> vehicle. And many high performance vehicles have them in case you loan
LG> your car to your kid. You put a key in, and enable the governor.

*I am not a kid*. I want to be able to take out that "governor".

LG> So let's look at it for people who are incapable of being a safe
LG> driver. They lose their license, they are put in jail, they are
LG> required to have interlock devices installed in their vehicles (drunk
LG> driving).

Sure. What does that have to do with me?

LG> If people like us don't show objective reasoning as to why something
LG> isn't a good idea, then it's all going to become garbage.

Good effort to keep TB in the nineties.

GF>> Make an easy mode for 'rookie' users and a Power mode for power
GF>> users.

LG> Yeah right. The first time a user has to turn on "advanced" mode just
LG> so they can see images in HTML messages, they'll have it enabled and
LG> then god knows what else they'll turn on.

Thanks, dear nanny, from protecting me from myself.

GF>> You don't really convince me that you hate that. In fact, you seem
GF>> to like it alot.

LG> What because I don't want HTML in my e-mail. If that's all you're
LG> basing it off of, then you're right. I don't hate that TB doesn't
LG> support HTML fully.

I don't hate TB either. But HTML email (wioth embedded tables or
jpg's, for example) is a fact of life, and makes communication
easier.

LG> For tech savvy users this is fine. I worked for AOL for a while in DSL
LG> tech support. I'm not going to say all AOL users are boneheads, but as
LG> a techy, AOL people scare the living daylights out of me!

AOL is your benchmark?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

If work is so terrific, how come they have to pay you to do it?

Message reply created with The Bat! 3.0.2.10
under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600Service Pack 2

 Current beta is 3.0.9.1 Deep Alpha | 'Using TBBETA' information: