Hello Peter,

PF>>>   * In thread by reference view the subject field grows bigger and
PF>>>   bigger as I navigate though messages.
>
RW>> Hooray, the first column expands all the way again as it did before this
RW>> version came out.
>
> In the old release version, you had the choice whether this should
> happen or not. I want it to _not_ happen!

In older versions there was an option in Options/Preferences/Messages to
"Automatically adjust first column for threaded views". If you did not
check this, like it seems you did, the first column width would not change.

In 3.0.9.9 this options has been changed to: "Limit expansion of first
column to NN levels". If you select 1 for NN your first column width
will not change, I have just verified this.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.0.9.9 Return (pre-beta) on Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4

 Current beta is 3.0.9.9 Return | 'Using TBBETA' information: