On Tuesday, April 19, 2005, 5:27:07 PM, Stuart Cuddy wrote:

>>> You presuppose there's a bug that's causing your problem. Given
>>> that the problem is present from 3.0.1.33 through 3.0.9.17 it may
>>> well be something else in your configuration.

DAC>> I presuppose it may be a bug because it has been reported by a number
DAC>> of users, including myself. Of course, it may well be something else
DAC>> in my configuration. That is why I keep asking if there is a way to
DAC>> change any of my configuration when the program is not running since
DAC>> it will not run in its current configuration.

>  Did  you  try  renaming  some  of the files or directories in The Bat
>  Folder?  Try  renaming your mail folder to something else so it isn't
>  recognized  by The Bat.

Tonight I tried experimenting with renaming directories. Actually, I
succeeded with the first one I tried.

Although in preferences/options /antispam, no plugins are identified,
there is a folder called BAYESIT in the TB directory. When I gave it a
new name, the problem went away. It is working fine, although this has
been a long term problem. I found threads I started here on the topic
on 21 October 2004, 4 November, 2004, 21 March 2005, and this one. I
didn't look for the times when I sent messages confirming I too had
the problem when other reported it.

The date of the files in the BAYESIT directory is 10/12/04 (OCT 12,
not DECEMBER 10) The same directory with the same files is present in
my set up here at the office, and it runs fine.  Go figure.

--
Dwight A. Corrin
928 S Broadway

 Current beta is 3.0.9.18 Return | 'Using TBBETA' information: