Hi Alex,

>> With "Auto Format On" you can't make a paragraph (by pressing
>> Return) without inserting an empty line after it. If you try it the
>> next line is drawn back to append the previous one - as it should
>> not be.
ASK> But a paragraph is always separated with an extra line.

In continuous text, that might be. However, try this example:

***

I hereby order:

1        item 1         10 E
1        item 2         30 E
5        item 3        100 E
Total:                 140 E

***

You might sqeeze in a line above the total, but definitly not between
every listed item, especially if there are not only three of them.

ASK> We're not writing books, we're writing emails. :-) And turning
ASK> auto-format on/off is only a simple keyboard shortcut away. Now,
ASK> if I could only remember it... :-)

CTRL-Shift-F. I remember it very well because it is always set to the
position unsuitable for the text I'm currently writing, regardless of
whether it's on or off.

ASK> Thats why I'm not using auto-format but press ALT-L

I didn't know that, thanks. Still, this makes it "bearable" until it
is fixed, nothing more. It would be better for RIT to nip the whole
GUI-thing in the bud and fix this single ... - well, let's call it a
"peculiarity for those vi-type characters".

--
MfG,
 Alto                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Current beta is 3.5 Return RC/2 | 'Using TBBETA' information: