Hello Thomas,

On Fri, 6 May 2005 21:46:46 +0700 GMT (06/05/2005, 21:46 +0700 GMT),
Thomas Fernandez wrote:

TF>> I confirm that scrolling with the scrollbar shows the empty space
TF>> again.

TF> And when I have a folder with that empty space, move to anotehr
TF> folder and then back to that folder, the empty space is gone.

I just hit alt-click on the sender to find this message of mine. I
had a huge empty space at the bottom. :-(

But the reason I looked for this message is an additional report:

The messages list pane is just so big that I can see the upper quarter
of the next message's headers. (Hm, this sounds weird, so I'd better
attach a screenshot). The reason for this is when I click on the last
fully visible line, the message list moves up one line and the next
message becomes the one under my cursor. This is *very* useful in the
office where I leave the cursor and the same place, don't move the
mouse, but only left-click to get the next unread message shown in the
preview pane. I do this often daily when I skip through the department
addresses. All unread messages are in the Inbox at the time, no
threading.

With the new behaviour of the message in this RC, that won't work any
more. I will move to scroll or move the mouse, reducing efficiency to
an unbearable point. I now glance over shipment pre-advices or so for
maybe a quarter of a second and then go to the next message, stopping
only when I see something extraordinary - a customer complaint, for
example. These don't happen often. If I need to move the mouse for
each of the 100 or 200 routine messages in each department account, it
will cost me 300% of the time to skip through the messages.

No guys, please reinstate the old behaviour of the message list,
completely with no empty space at the bottom and all.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know
each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long
enough." (Lynnette, age 8)

Message reply created with The Bat! 3.5 Return RC4

 Current beta is 3.5 Return RC/4 | 'Using TBBETA' information: