Hello Peter,

On Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 2:31:14 PM Peter [PH] wrote:

PH> on Sat, 14 May 2005 05:30:38 -0500 GMT your local time Allie wrote:
AM>> I don't see such a problem here. My TB! is installed in M:\Program
AM>> Files\The Bat!. The MSI installation always correctly detects this
AM>> installation path.
PH> Probably because I ported the installation from my old machine weeks ago
PH> without using an installer.

Correctly.

PH> Now, when upgrading with the installer, it failed to detect the
PH> existing installation.

PH> But even in such cases the installer could savely read the path from
PH> "HKCU\Software\RIT\The Bat!\EXE path".

The MSI reads locations from its own database. Once you've installed a
The Bat! from MSI the subsequent installations will respect the path
you once entered. AFAIK you can't tell MSIs to look up a user defined
key in registry and use its value as installation path (or path of
it).
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther

(The Bat! v3.5 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2)

Be different: conform.

 Current beta is (none) | 'Using TBBETA' information: