Hi,

take 5 people and you get 5 different opinions. What I was trying to say is
that TB 3.5 Beta was not in no way ready for release. There are so many
bugs still not fixed.

@ Mary and Cees: AVs and stuff like that are showstoppers for me. I was
talking about minor things plus things that simply do not work (but indeed
do not crash the program). Let me give some examples... See, I start TB
under a Remote Desktop Connection with various resolutions. I have to ajust
the width of the columns in the folder window (Name, Unread, Total) every
day twice or more. I have to resize the size of Connection Center twice a
day not talking about that I am not able to see Connection Center because
it is started in the background. I cannot 100% see if a S/MIME certificate
is valid. It is marked valid and in another window it is marked with an
question mark. There are ugly white areas under the maillist even if there
are more mails in the folder than fitting into the window (hope you can
understand what I'm trying to say). Also I'm wondering why TB takes about
70MB of RAM and takes more than 4 times longer for starting and counting
the mails than version 3.0. I am wondering why my address book file is
getting bigger and bigger when I'm changing pictures of people. Also it is
not getting smaller when deleting entries. I do not understand why the
subject is changing back to the original subject when I reply to a mail and
try to alter the subject and then go with TAB into the mail body. And and
and... There are so many things not working or not working correct. I agree
that the final version runs and does not show any AVs (at my place) but the
non-showstopper problems and isues problems which are mentioned again and
again do not let me think about a final product.

Sometimes I really think that Ritlabs is trying to add more and more
gimmick features to impress new customers but leave a battle field talking
about the old features which do not work as the should and were announced.
I know it's a problem because Ritlabs promised their paying customers
features in the 2.x product cycle which were not implemented until release
cycle 3.x and are still not implemented into 3.5.

This is the reason I'm really frustrated about this beta cycle. And the
beta cycle ended like always. "Hey guys we are release the final version
soon." Many people complain but the final is brought out anyway. I don't
get it!

@ Alto: I don't know what issues you got with Microsoft but my experience
as a betatester since Windows 95 (going all the stony way through Win98,
Win98SE, WinME, Win2000, WinXP, WinXP MCE, WinXP MCE SE, Win2003) do not
let me think that Microsoft always handles it that way. Often I had to
learn that they simply didn't care and just had the RTM date in mind where
the master CD hat to find its way into the CD factory. But I also have to
say that I also had many many situations where bugs (and also the
"cosmetic" bugs) where treated as number one target and where fixed right
away.

Regards,
Martin

--

The Bat! v3.5 powered by Windows NT Clone 5.2 Build 3790 Service Pack 1

ConCarne cooks best since 1998
http://www.concarne.org

 Current beta is (none) | 'Using TBBETA' information: