Hi Jonathan,
   On 19/5/2005 10:06 PM -0500, you wrote:

>  Correct me if I'm wrong of course, or I am way off on what you mean.
>   Could it be that Mulbery was just not handling the bodystructure
>   response correctly?  Or was following the RFCs to the letter, and
>   the IMAP server was sending data back slightly "broken"?
>
>   I'd be interested to see the thread on this error from Mulbery to
>   find out what they "fixed" or how they handled this issue.

I was not saying the server knows whether or not the message is signed.
I'm saying that the server sends data upon request, data that lacked
the information that Mulberry needed to detect the presence of the
signature. Apparently, this was component of the returned data should
have been there and MDaemon development promptly fixed the problem.

I asked why TB! wasn't vulnerable to this. I got a convoluted answer
that I poorly understood, to be frank. :) I was asked to transfer a few
of the problem messages to a local Mulberry folder, and there, they
were showing up as being signed just fine. This was predicted by Cyrus,
his explanation being that the entire message was now local and
Mulberry didn't have to rely on the server to send the required data to
discern and display the message structure.

>> Tony's issue is just another example of how Mulberry depends on the
>> IMAP server for parsing headers. This is part of the protocol.
>
> [..]
>
>   This makes little sense at all... The only headers the IMAP server
>   should be "parsing" are the ones used to generate the BODYSTRUCTURE
>   response.  The headers involved for this can easily be fetched using
>   IMAP, the IMAP server shouldn't be "doing" anything with them, but
>   just returning the content.  Unless his IMAP server is doing
>   something else to it...  Here is a quick chat I had with my IMAP
>   server...

The server is apparently doing something else to them, and then sending
this altered content.

--
  Allie Martin
System specs: http://www.ac-martin.com/sysspecs.htm

 Current beta is (none) | 'Using TBBETA' information: