Hello Dimitry Andric & everyone else,

on 24-Mai-2005 at 22:28 you (Dimitry Andric) wrote:

>> Can someone give a short summary on the *advantages* of releasing software
>> in an MSI install package?

> In fact, the system is so complex that only Microsoft seems to be able
> to generate reasonably correct MSI installations.  And even then, they
> fail regularly. :P

:-)

Thanks for the information, Dimitry.

Sidenote - I extracted the .exe manually from the MSI (I did the same with
the 3.5 release version) and placed it in my existing TB folder, so far no
problems, no AVs, no Exceptions. :-}

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)

About 1978, IBM put out a poster touting the virtues of VM. On this poster
was the text: "If it's there and you can see it - it's real. If it's not
there and you can see it - it's virtual. If it's there and you can't see it
- it's transparent. If it's not there and you can't see it - you erased
it!"

 Current beta is (none) | 'Using TBBETA' information: