On Wednesday, June 29, 2005 at 1:17:48 AM [GMT -0500], Manuel Breitfeld
wrote:

>> An error occurred while reading the message base ...\Fastmail
>> (IMAP)\55DBCDFF.TBB. Do you want to repair the message base now?

> This error message is a bit silly, perhaps we need to discuss these
> messages in IMAP accounts in general with the developers. Everything
> is on the server and when there is something corrupt in the message
> base, than TB! should just fetch the needed informations from the
> server. 9Val, Maxim - thinking of implementing this feature or is it
> silly?

I agree. It's sort of misleading to the user, unless the user is savvy.

A message like this would be:

'An error occurred while reading the cached message base for the mailbox
'<mailbox name>'. To attempt a repair, press cancel and after
disconnecting from the server, use the repair option in the folder
maintenance. To delete the cached base, then press the 'delete cache'
button.

> After the cache is deleted, TB! will fetch the whole message
> information from the server and everything should be back to normal.

It's the TBB file so that's the file that contains message bodies. The
message list index seems ok. So it will be cached copies of the
retrieved message bodies that would be lost.

> Nevertheless, please *do* thinking about to update to the newest
> version. IMAP has made big efforts since the version you're using and
> you probably would be sad having not updated earlier.

I agree with this. I'm a FastMail user too and find these latter
versions useful with this IMAP service.

--
  -= Allie Martin =-
The Bat! v3.5.33