Hello Alexander,

>> Open the original mail, Forward, in the editor window save the attach,
>> rename and attach again.
> Don't tell me you think this is a solution. I don't know how many of these
> darn HTML mail a day I forward to my co-workers.

It is only a workaround.

>>> I just said that it is a bit paradox to offer Exchange connectivity and
>>> NOT use the Exchange default client's format for HTML forwards.
>> B.lls..t  :) Assign EML to Outlook, and case solved.
> You haven't thought about this, Vili.

:)) Yes I did, I only did not know A fact, see below.

> 2. You can associate EML with Outlook as much as you want, Outlook won't
> open it. Just like Word won't open MP3.

Ok, this is the point, I overlooked this point, sorry.

> Even if this would work, in our small small company alone its 11 client
> PCs. Do you think I should go to each of these client PCs, log in as
> administrator, associate .EML with Outlook? Do you really think that in a
> business environment, anyone will do that, because I *try* to use TB over
> Exchange/MAPI? Do you think anyone in a business environment uses Outlook
> Express?

If the association would work: What you are saying is this: EVERYTHING
must  conform  to  Outlook, even to its stupid things, because that is
used  by  the most people. I am curious, what would you do, if Outlook
2006  will  decide  to  use  EML  and  not MSG... The whole world will
change? :(

>> Isn't it a LITTLE strange, that EML is open by OE and MSG with Outlook???
>> Why email clients must confirm this mixed up method of MS??? Why TB! can
>> open each of them?
> TB can open both of them, but thats not the problem. TB should be able to
> *send* both of them.
It can.

> Configurable.  Or  better  yet, forward HTML not as attachments, but
> via the HTML editor...

To end our discussion: this would be the solution. (Or teach the users
that  sending  one  sentence  they  dont  have  to include their whole
bibliography,  names  of  dogs,  pictures  of  grandchildren,  etc. as
attachment... :((

--
Vili

 Current beta is 3.51 | 'Using TBBETA' information: