On 7/25/05, Bernd Distler wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:44:19 -0700, "Gleason Pace" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> said:
> So why don't we get a bugfixed release?
>
> No, we get a lot of new betas with not/bad (i don't mean not bad!)
> working unicode-support and in following of this a not working RegEx
> which currently is useless for most of the people.

Thank you, Bernd, for confirming my own impression of this 3.51.xx beta series.

> Don't forget the bugs in the editor because of unicode...

Personally, I cannot forget this. It has me very nervous about
testing, what to speak of using, any of the 3.51 series.

> Don't forget the bugs which are older than 2 years...
> Bugs in new interface...

Also true.

> > I disagree.  The past few betas have been much, much better in general
> > use.  For the first time in months, I can say that I am delighted to
> > be able to use TB as my full time email client.  My suggestion is to
> > get 3.51.10 out there.  A lot of people will be gratified.
>
> And a lot of people getting more and more angry about new bugs and not
> working things.

I agree entirely.

> Sorry, but 3.51.10 is definitly not a version that should be announced
> as an release.

As I do not use it, I cannot give an informed opinion. But my gut
feeling - and past experience - inclines me to believe that Bernd is
right.

--
jaywalker
Windows XP Pro SP2 and The Bat! Pro (No OTFE) 3.5.36