Hello Jay,

On Wednesday, July 27, 2005, at 6:24:50 AM, you wrote
re: 3.51.10 Muggle Bat:

JW> Recreating the tbuser.def file resolves the issue, but how many
JW> settings will I have to restore now? I seem to recall that a similar
JW> problem was resolved once before without forcing users to recreate
JW> their tbuser.def file.

It all depends on how many you created. I am not aware of all that it
contains. I also discovered that it stores the theme information.

JW> Furthermore, how did my tbuser.def file get corrupted? Presumably
JW> it happened when I tested OTFE by backing up and restoring in the
JW> effort to migrate. So somewhere, there is a process in TB that is
JW> corrupting this file.

I am the wrong person to ask. I discovered this on my own, with some
help from Mary. As far as it being corrupted, that is my speculation.
It could very well be that it simply has outmoded or superfluous
entries. Look at it in notepad. It contains a lot of information!

According to the repair listing I just mentioned, it was not being
updated properly, so it would make sense that there several users with
tbuser.def files that are corrupted or otherwise problematic.

--
Cheers!
Wayne Howard

Using The Bat! version: 3.51.10
Directory Opus 8: "The Explorer replacement and File Management solution for
Windows"
See the tutorial: "Getting to know Directory Opus":
www.pretentiousname.com/opus/index.html#introduction