Greetings BatPeople,

Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 9:39:15 AM, Vili wrote:

V> Hello Alexey,

>> No.  Believe me, the problem exists. since both filters - my BayesIt
>> and the Bayes Filter use so-called "naive" bayesian method, they are
>> under  the problem of "overtraining". AFAIK the K9 creators use some
>> solution to fight against it, and it is only the matter of time when
>> such solution will be realized in the mentioned filters.

V> I think, the solution is this: you have to keep track, that when a new
V> item was added to the database and limit the database size... This way
V> overtraining can be eliminated.

Is there anyway one can reverse the overtraining?

--
Cheers,
 \\'

Message reply created with The Bat! 3.61.09 Echo (Beta) under Windows
XP ver5.1 Build 2600 using a P4 2.8Ghz, 512MB RAM with cable modem
Plugins: Grisoft AVG 7.0 // BayesIt! 0.8.4

 Current beta is 3.61.09 (Echo) | 'Using TBBETA' information: