Hello Alexander,

ASK> Hello Wolffe & everyone else,

ASK> on 04-Okt-2005 at 22:45 you (Wolffe) wrote:

>> Is there anyway one can reverse the overtraining?

ASK> Just an idea.

ASK> You could keep the most recent spam mails, 30 days or so, reset the bayesit
ASK> database and then train it anew with the spam mails you kept for spam and
ASK> your sent mail folder for ham.

You beat me to that.  It is something that I started doing when I
started beta testing and was having to retrain BayesIt when things did
not go well <g>  I have kept doing that every month or two.  Maybe
that is why I have not been having as much touble as others.  Also,
something that is seldom mentioned, be sure to have penty of 'Ham' for
your training as well.  Just feeding it spam will make it think
everything is spam.  You want at least as much ham as spam when you
train.

 MikeD                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v3.61.09 Echo (Beta) on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600
Service Pack 2

 Current beta is 3.61.09 (Echo) | 'Using TBBETA' information: