Hello,

Peter Fjelsten wrote:
Tony,

On 20-10-2005 14:00, you [TB] wrote in
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
TB> And if they keep trying to sell something that don't work properly
TB> no one will buy it and they still won't need anybody to fix the bugs
TB> or add new features.

True.

But I wonder how many "ordinary" users (by ordinary I mean people who
are disinterested in discussing software on mailing lists) feel that TB!
is full of bugs. If the majority feel this, then you're right.

This has been quite an enlightening discussion for me. I've only fairly recently purchased the bat and because of some bugs I was suffering decided to join the beta list to see if that resolved any. I am using imap and as I understand it that is probably about the worse thing you can do with the bat.

The feature set is fantastic but as others have mentioned a lot of it is buggy. I found myself having to drag to the trash, instead of just hitting the delete key because that didn't work, having to deal with duplicate mail, having read mail re-appear as unread, etc. etc.

This morning I've given up and installed ThunderBird.

Obviously I should have spent longer with the demo than I did.

Richard

Current beta is 3.61.13 (Echo) | 'Using TBBETA' information: