Hi Peter and list,

On Thursday, October 27, 2005 at 13:41:44 GMT +0200 (which was 12:41
where I live) Peter Hampf wrote (at least in parts) and made these
valuable points on the subject of "<alt+f2> and unable to connect":

FM>> I have an idea about the crippled IP stack in XP sp2, that refuses to
FM>> let a program open too many connections at the same time...

> AFAIR I incresed that value months ago, but I fail to recall the exact place
> where I did that. Do you have it at your fingertips?

Hmm - IIRC you have to patch the TCPIP.SYS file, there seems not to be
a registry entry or something like that.

--
Regards
Michael