Hello Stefan,

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 01:09:43 +0200 GMT (01/11/2005, 06:09 +0700 GMT),
Stefan Tanurkov wrote:

>> I understand this. However, it is impossible to explain it to my
>> colleagues.

ST> That's why I recommended to use "combo" conditions instead of separate ones.

OK, but still looks more like a workaround.

>> 9Val recommended the same workaround, but failed to advise how I can
>> easily convert my hundreds of filters.

ST> I guess, we should make some filter optimiser, so it would provide an easy
way
ST> to combine several similar conditions into one combo...

Yes, that's a good idea.

>> I assume you have one module/procedure for incoming filters, one for
>> outgoing filters. Let's ignore for a moment that a lot of code may be
>> duplicated.

ST> There is no question about code and processing of such filters, nothing to
be
ST> duplicated. Some new code must be written to support such a behaviour.
Adding
ST> some checkboxes in filter options is not a problem -

OK.

ST> the problem is how we handle it further. [...] What if [...]

I get your point. I will think of some possible ways to handle it,
maybe my input helps. I am sure all of you already have some ideas.

ST> You see, it's quite complex and I'm afraid many people would just get
scared by
ST> the complexity. I'm not saying it's not possible to implement, I'm just
trying
ST> to figure out how to implement it so that inexperienced users can easily
ST> understand what they are doing...

I see you want to make it easy to use. That's important, thanks.

[Download large message button]

ST> I didn't - the .09 build has the feature. A notification about large message
ST> contains an URL that leads to opening the Mail Dispatcher with only that
message
ST> listed, so you can decide what to do with it.

Great! I'm looking forward to the announcement when it can be
downloaded.

>> Just let us know your priorities.

ST> Well, we try to, but it's always a problem to stick to a plan because there
are
ST> too many things we can't predict...

Tell me about it... ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"When your dad is mad and asks you, 'Do I look stupid?' don't answer."
- Hannah, age 9