Hello tbbeta,

     I have a serious problem posting Japanese messages in The Bat! Even
     though I have chosen Japanese (JIS) as the character set, the
     header information always shows: "Content-Type: text/plain;
     charset=us-ascii".

     As a result, many email clients, including The Bat! itself, do not
     decode the Japanese text automatically.

     I have chosen Japanese as the default character set, have set it in
     the template, and as the account default. Yet the charset header
     does not change. How do I fix this header?

     I first noticed this problem when I started using The Bat!, at Ver.
     3.50 or so. Now I'm using the latest (3.62.14), but the problem
     persists.

     I sent in a bug report some time back, but no one seems interested
     in fixing this very basic issue.

 Wataru                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]