Hello Alexander,

On Sun, 7 May 2006 15:48:45 +0200 GMT (07/05/2006, 20:48 +0700 GMT),
Alexander S. Kunz wrote:

ASK> The standard install goes to the default Program Files folder of Windows
ASK> (whereever it is) - because special access restrictions apply there,
ASK> protecting that folder from unauthorized access.

The Program Files directory is on drive C: by default. What access is
unauthorised?

If I have to reinstall Windows, everything on drive C: will be
deleted.

ASK> IMHO, standard installation means a "safe" installation. If you're
ASK> leaving this "safe" path of a protected Program Files

I don't see that, because I don't know how that folder is protected.

ASK> AFAIK, it has been like that with all MSI installers I've used.

Hm. I remember having installed various programs that use the MSI
installer and I could always choose the location.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"The tides are a fight between the Earth and moon.  All water tends
towards the moon, because there is no water in the moon, and nature
abhors a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins in this fight."