Hello Thomas Fernandez & everyone else,

on 07-Mai-2006 at 16:06 you (Thomas Fernandez) wrote:

ASK>> The standard install goes to the default Program Files folder of
ASK>> Windows (whereever it is) - because special access restrictions
ASK>> apply there, protecting that folder from unauthorized access.

> The Program Files directory is on drive C: by default. What access is
> unauthorised?

Access without administrative permission, ie. a restricted user account.

> If I have to reinstall Windows, everything on drive C: will be
> deleted.

So will be the registry where installed programs are registered, no
matter if they once where on drive C or D... :-)

I only keep my profiles folder ("Documents and Settings") on a different
partition, but in the end it makes no difference from where you're
making the backups.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de)

Exit in case of Brahms. (Philip Hale's proposed inscription over the
doors of Boston Symphony Hall)