Hello Peter,

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:23:38 +0200 GMT (25/08/2006, 14:23 +0700 GMT),
Peter Meyns wrote:

TF>> The batch file would then be on the stick and I'd click on it instead
TF>> of the voyager.exe when I want to start working on other people's
TF>> computers, right?

PM> Not quite. I start Voyager normally, but for exiting I run
PM> voyager_exit.bat to close Voyager and delete the registry entry.

You mean you start this batch file after you have closed Voyager, or
will it start automtically? I am not familiar with the switch /exit.

PM> voyager_exit.bat

PM> path\to\voyager.exe /exit
PM> regedit /S path\to\voyager_key_ex.reg

The drive letter for the USB changes, depending on how many drives are
defined on the host computer. Voyager is by default located at
usb_drive:\voyager\voyager.exe. But usb_drive: can be d: on some
computers, g: on others, etc. Therefore, the path is not clearly
defined.

PM> The following file must be present for the removal of the registry
PM> key:

PM> voyager_key_ex.reg

Where? In the Voyager directory of the USB stick?

PM> REGEDIT4

PM> [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT\Voyager]

PM> That's all. :)

Not yet. :-) What I would like is a batch file in the root directory
of the USB stick. I click on this file, Voyager starts, and upon exit
the reg-key is removed. Is that possible?

The reason I suggest it to be in the root directory of the USB stick
is that it saves me one click when starting Voyager.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

I earn a seven-figure salary. Unfortunately, there's a decimal point
involved.

Message reply created with The Bat! 3.81.15 Beta