Hallo Rick,

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 14:26:44 -0400GMT (2-6-2007, 20:26 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

RG> I have folder macro's installed that includes sending to a certain group
RG> address on new messages

That can be done, but it's a bit dangerous.

RG> It properly addresses new mail to that group

Sure. Works as designed.

RG> However when I pick a message and click on a members name and choose
RG> "write a message to this address" it puts in the group email address
RG> instead. This is not expected behavior

Works as designed. Your expectations are wrong. That's why I said it
was dangerous. Over the years people stumbled over this feature. It
has happened that they sent financial data to the list by accident.
Just because they didn't realize that a folder template that defines
the addressee will always do so when you create a message while that
folder is selected.
The only time when your message won't be addressed to the folder
template defined addressee is when you select an address that has a
new message template defined in the address book, either in the group
properties or the personal properties.

RG> confirm anyone?

Sure. Has been thus in v1, v2 and v3.

Oh. There is a way to prevent your folder template to overrule entered
addresses. That's by building a condition in the template that checks
whether there's an addressee given before the folder addressee is
entered. Something like this:

%If:_%ToList_<>__:_%To=''%To='"Name Addressee" <Address-addressee>'_:%-

If my memory serves me well we created something like this in a
discussion on one of the tblists, probably on tbudl or tbtech as it
isn't a real beta issue. You might check the archives as it might be
somewhat more sophisticated than what I dropped here and now.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Luxury: Costs $7.69 to make and $20.00 to market.
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 3.99.8
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
2 pop3 accounts
OTFE enabled
P4 3GHz
2 GB RAM