Thursday, August 23, 2007, 12:21:11 AM, you wrote:

I>> No,  thats  not  what I'm implying. Lets try this again. Too bad we
I>> don't  have  access  to  a chalk board and a box of crayons because
I>> this  is  a  classic  classroom debate that can only be resolved by
I>> some hardcore wielding of chalk. :)

> You're here for a few days and already _teaching_ us all... wow!

Pay attention.

Standing in front of a chalkboard and wielding a chalk, does not imply
that you're 'teaching' anything. You could be _illustrating_
something. And that was the gist of my post above. The same manner of
emails have been to illustrate what I deem to be inconsistencies that
I personally have issues with.

I>> OK, here goes...

I>> If  I  import  my  email  that  my  previous  email programs says I
I>> received  in  1996  and which doesn't show up on my 'today' filter,
I>> when I export that email, I expect it to appear in the target email
I>> program _exactly_ like that. No messing about.

> TB  has  CREATE  and RECEIVED. On my "receive" view mode I use CREATE.
> Doesn't that solve your problem?

Please explain what you mean by "on my "receive" view mode I use
CREATE"

I>> The  fact  that  I have emails from 1996, showing up in the 'today'
I>> (the day of the import) filter under the 'received' heading is 100%
I>> wrong and inconsistent. Period. End of story.

> If  I  sent you an email in 1996 and it stayed on your ISP mail server
> until today how should it appear on email client? With today's date or
> 1996?

I was importing emails from my local drive that was _already_
downloaded. Its not on my ISP. I always download and delete my email
from the server.

I>> And in case you didn't know this already, _only_ the Bat! does this.
I>> NO other email does this. None.

> It's different, not necessarily wrong.

Its wrong.

--