Hallo David,

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:31:10 +0100GMT (24-9-2007, 23:31 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

DE> I hope this is in text format but as I have been reduced to using
DE> gmail I can not guarantee it.

It's just fine.

DE> I have been using TB since about 1.3 but I do feel that even this
DE> version 3.99.24 is not really any better.

I've been using it since about 1.4 and I noticed some improvements
over the years.

DE> Some things just have not improved.
DE> e.g. backup up and restore.

Used that several times with v3 and I must say that it's working just
fine. I even advice it as a way to compress the AB and sorting office,
something you can't do any other way.

The major disadvantage of TB's 'backup and restore' is that you can't
restore it to a different path.

DE> Ok so I want to do is backup up everything and then restore it. Do not
DE> use the backup and restore it becaus it does not work.

Install TB again and configure it to use the same mail directory as
your previous install.
Or copy the old mail directory to the location where you want it now.

Note that if you're running TB from a non admin account in Windows
that uninstalling it won't clean the registry for the user account
you've been using it, so you'll need to do that manually (don't blame
TB, that's the way Windows functions)

--
Groetjes, Roelof

'95 - The percentage of people who will have to upgrade their hardware
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 3.99.24
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
3 pop3 accounts
OTFE enabled
P4 3GHz
2 GB RAM